Upgrade cheesy tomato pasta with gnocchi, chorizo, and mozzarella for a comforting bake that makes an excellent midweek meal.
Nutrition: Per serving
- kcal – 318
- fat – 13g
- saturates – 6g
- carbs – 36g
- sugars – 8g
- fiber – 4g
- protein – 13g
- salt – 1.7g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 120g chorizo, diced
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 600g fresh gnocchi
- 125g mozzarella ball, cut into chunks
- small bunch of basil, torn
- green salad, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic for 8-10 mins until soft.
- Add the chorizo and fry for 5 mins more. Tip in the tomatoes and sugar, and season.
- Bring to a simmer, then add the gnocchi and cook for 8 mins, stirring often, until soft. Heat the grill to high.
- Stir ¾ of the mozzarella and most of the basil through the gnocchi.
- Divide the mixture between six ovenproof ramekins, or put in one baking dish.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella, then grill for 3 mins, or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Season, scatter over the remaining basil and serve with a green salad.