IPTV is an online media streaming platform, which has a lot of content on it which is accessed by a wide range of people for entertainment. But there might be some issues which would require you to use a VPN for the usage of IPTV. These issues may include geo-restrictions, banning and censorship by the government or the authorities, unavailability of content on the basis of your region etc.
Thus, one might require the usage of a good VPN for IPTV, which will help you bypass all geo-restrictions so that you can safely watch all the content that is available on IPTV, irrespective of the place you are residing at. But before choosing the best VPN for your purpose, you will be well aware of the protocols which are used by the VPN companies in order to provide privacy to the users.
Only the VPN with the best VPN protocols can guarantee you safe and smooth access to IPTV through their medium. So which is the best VPN protocol for IPTV because there are so many of them like ExpressVPN, Hola VPN and so more. These companies also include ExpressVPN coupon codes which anyone can buy at a very discounted rate easily.
VPN protocols for IPTV
- Open VPN
- It is a widely used VPN protocol, which is great considering the requirements of a person who wants to use it for having access to IPTV. It is used for various other purposes and is very beneficial in terms of speed, security and privacy.
- It uses TCP or UDP internet protocol for running. The TCP protocol provides security and privacy to your data and the UDP protocol gives fast speed.
- It is open-source and thus anyone can have access to its code so that any shortcoming in its working can be overcome. It can also be combined with various other types of protocols depending on your usage and requirements.
- It comes with 256-AES bit encryption, which is the strongest level of encryption in the world today. It can run almost any encryption protocol.
- Though it is a bit complex to use, it can ensure bypassing any firewall. It is great for use while watching IPTV as it gives you the security as well as the speed you require for having a smooth watching experience.
- It is an encryption protocol which combines with IPsec to provide the best levels of security and privacy to the user. It will help you bypass any geo-barriers without coming into the eyes of anyone.
- It creates an authenticated and encrypted tunnel which ensures the private flow of data and traffic. It is a very stable VPN software protocol which provides stability to your connection.
- It is also a very fast VPN protocol which can allow you to have uninterrupted and smooth streaming of IPTV.
- It only works with Windows Operating systems, and the VPNs with IKev encryption protocol cannot thus work on any other OS except for Windows.
- It is a recently launched VPN protocol, which has gained wide momentum in a little time. It comes with all the latest technologies matching every need that a VPN should be able to fulfil.
- Its cryptography is very advanced and goes beyond all the other VPN protocols. It is a free to use protocol which makes it affordable for all.
- It gives the users lightning-fast speeds, making it a good option for anyone who wishes to watch IPTV through its medium. It is also much easier to use and audit as compared to other VPN protocols.
- Although it is still in the implementation process and lacks the experience and expertise of those who are in the market for a long time, if you consider speed to be your biggest requirement, especially while streaming online media, it can be your first choice.
- PPTP or Point-to-point tunnelling protocol is one of the oldest protocols in the market. As compared to new technologies and other competitors, it is a bit outdated.
- Yet if you wish to have a protocol for watching IPTV, you can use it as it provides you fast access to online streaming, making it a good choice.
- Although the security parameters provided by PPTP are not that advanced or robust, it gives you a high-speed network which might be beneficial for you if you want to use it only for watching IPTV.
- It has a great point that it can run on almost any device with any operating system installed in it presently. It is considered a great option for having access to geo-blocked content.
- SSTP, or Secure socket tunnelling protocol as it is called, is a secure VPN which was developed and launched by Microsoft.
- It comes with compatibility on many Operating systems such as mac, Windows, Linux, Android etc.
- It comes with AES-256 encryption protocol, making it a really safe and secure VPN protocol and is thus used by many VPNs for providing security to their customers’’ data.
- It is a fast VPN protocol which is known to bypass all geo-restrictions, and additionally, it can surpass firewalls as well. It does not cause low speeds or lagging in order to hinder your online streaming experience.
Thus, we have read about some famous VPN protocols which can help you to have an uninterrupted IPTV streaming experience. IT is best advised to watch or stream IPTV with a VPN to ensure security and privacy of your data and to have access to a wide range of content. Thus, if you are a continuous user of IPTV, you should get yourself a VPN with the best VPN protocol suited to your needs.