The registration for Naya Pakistan Housing Program (NPHP), a government initiative to facilitate citizens with affordable and standard housing, has started for Karachi.
Official sources revealed over 1.1 million citizens have so far been registered countrywide and the online registration would remain open till October 15.
“The registration process of NPHS was being continued at the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA’s) E Sahulat Franchise Centres and online website with payment of Rs 250 as a fee”, a source said.
According to NADRA, 109,475 people have registered from KPK for Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme, 2,065 from FATA, 477,337 from Punjab, 130,981 from Sindh, 248,424 registrations from Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT), 13,984 from Gilgit-Baltistan, 79,218 from Balochistan and 9,813 from Azad Kashmir have been registered till date, including around 70 percent male, 30 percent female aspirants.
Most of the applicants were of the upper class, the majority of applicants belong to middle-class, while farmers and others were only 10 percent of the applicants.
There is a shortfall of over 10 million houses. Pakistan government intends to promote access to shelter to the people of Pakistan and jump-start the housing sector. The objective of this scheme is to make housing affordable for people.
Terms and Conditions
- Interested Pakistani citizens from all districts of Pakistan can apply for the Naya Pakistan Housing Program.
- Applicants who have already applied do not need to apply again.
- Registration fee (Rs. 250) can be paid either using a credit/debit card OR by visiting any e-Sahulat franchise.
- After Fee payment, the applicant may fill the form online OR visit any nearest NADRA e-Sahulat franchise, where the online form filling facility has been provided without any additional charges.
- You must have Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) in order to apply.
- Only one member of a family (Self, Spouse, and dependent children) can apply for the registration.
- The Naya Pakistan Housing program is for the general public, therefore families without any house in their name shall be preferred.