The traditional trifle is a festive, colorful and simple thing to make. A treat to your sweet tooth and you can surprise your guests with this beautiful dessert any day of the year.
Making a fruit trifle at home is extremely simple, yet the taste of the dessert made with the easy steps is mindblowing.
Here is the recipe to make fruit trifle at home:
- 1 packet (80 g) red jelly
- 1 medium Swiss roll, sliced
- 65 ml (¼ C) sherry or fruit juice
- 1 x 410 g Fruit Cocktail in Syrup, drained
- 500 – 750 ml vanilla custard
- 1 x 115 g Granadilla Cup
- 375 ml whipped, sweetened cream
- 825 g Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
Steps to make Fruit Trifle:
- Prepare the jelly as directed by the pack’s instructions and put it in the refrigerator to set slightly, but not yet firm.
- Arrange the Swiss roll slices and drizzle with sherry or fruit juice in a large bowl and coat with a thick layer of custard, followed by half of the jelly.
- Place the Peach Slices on top of the jelly, cover with a thin layer of custard, followed by the remainder of the jelly and put in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
- Put the whipped cream on top when set, and arrange the Fruit Cocktail on top.
- Drizzle with the Granadilla and serve.